Onsite participation will look a little different in 2020 – but you can still have fun and raise funds for a great cause! Here are some instructions we have set in place for our onsite participants in order to maintain safety and meet county restrictions:.
Flights: Information about how to sign up for your running or walking flight will be the confirmation email, when you registered for the event. If you cannot find this email, or need assistance with your flight sign up, please contact Sharon.
- All participants need to adhere to normal CDC safety guidelines, including maintaining a 6’ foot distance between other participants, and wearing masks throughout (except while running or walking the course).
- No onsite registration. Onsite participants must register by Wednesday, September 16. Please note that registration for Virtual Runners and Virtual Walkers will be open through Sunday, September 20.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom-free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Please pay attention to the expected arrival and start times so that we can control attendance at the site: Runners should arrive 15 minutes before their run, and Walkers should arrive ontime (not early, not late) for their flight.
- Participants should not congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting, or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area; there is plenty of space beyond the start time for pre-race prep. Participants should approach the starting line at their assigned time, ready to run.
- Congregating is not permitted either before, during, or after the event.
Instructions for Onsite 5k Runners:
The 5k will take place in the morning, 7:30am – 11:30am.
Flight Sign Up for the 5k RUn will be in your Event Registration Confirmation Email
- Staggered starts: Runners will run in “flights” of 10 runners every 15 minutes. Runners will receive a link allowing them to chose their race time in their Event Confirmation Email. Sign ups will be first-come first-served; please sign up as soon as you get the link in order to get your preferred time.
- Arrive early: Runners should arrive 15 minutes before to your chosen start time to allow time to check in, get your race packet, and start on time. Runners must complete their run and leave within 45 minutes of their chosen start time.
- One hour: In order to maintain an accurate count of onsite event attendees, we are expecting Runners to be onsite for a maximum of one hour. This includes Check In, Run, and Post-Run time.
- Start on time: In order to maintain safe distancing and traffic control on the race, Runners must start at their chosen time.
- Move away from the finish: Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants should continue moving away from the finish area.
- No friends or family: Only Runners may come to the 5k, please. Runners may not bring family or friends to their run. Exception: If a parent is bringing their child to run the 5k, but is not running the race themselves, please contact us.
- Packet Pick Up: Self-Service packet pickup will be onsite. There will be no pre-race pickup.
- Race results will be online only. Awards will be available for pick up at a local Pregnancy Clinic office. The final race results along with the Overall and Age Group awards will be posted at Walkandrun.org on Wednesday, September 30, and announced via a Facebook Live Event. Runners will be notified by email when the list is posted.
- Coming to the Walk? If a Runner plans to return in the afternoon for the Walk, he/she must sign up for the afternoon Walk. (See below for instructions.)
Instructions for Onsite LIFE Walkers:
The Life Walk will take place in the afternoon, 12:30pm-5:00pm.
Flight Sign Up for Walkers will be in your Event Registration Confirmation Email
- Everyone participating in the onsite Walk, including children, must be pre-registered by Wednesday, September 16.
- Staggered starts: Life Walkers will walk in “flights” to control the number of people onsite at any given time. Participants will receive a link to sign up for a Life Walk flight in their Event Confirmation Email. Sign ups will be first-come first-served; please sign up as soon as you get the link to get your preferred time. (Note: Some Churches have reserved space for their Church Team to walk together. Please check with your Church Captain to see if your space has been reserved.)
- Come on time – not early, not late: Walkers should arrive ON TIME at their chosen Walk start time so that they have enough time to check in, get their shirt/s, and complete their Walk within the given time frame.
- 45 minutes: In order to maintain an accurate count of onsite event attendees, we are expecting Walkers to be onsite for a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Move away when you finish: Upon completing the Life Walk, participants should continue moving away from the finish area.
- Shirt Pick Up: Walkers who have earned a shirt by raising $150 by Aug. 31 will be able to get their shirt onsite. Shirts will be available for purchase, as supplies last.
Please contact us with any questions. We are excited to get you involved!