In 2020, we are pleased to offer enhanced Virtual Participation for the Walk and 5k Run for Life! Join us wherever you are, anytime on Saturday, September 19 – Sunday, September 20. We are excited to surround our communities with people Running, Walking, Skipping, and Dancing for Life!
Packet Pickup: Virtual Runners and Virtual Walkers (who met the $150 goal and earned a free shirt) can pick up their packets on Friday, September 18, 2020, 10am-2pm, at our Annapolis location: 934 West Street.
Join our club on Strava! We have set up a Walk and Run Club on the running app Strava! This is free to download and join. You’ll see others who are Walking and Running for Life just like you, get encouragement and updates about the event, post pictures, and see how many miles our group is walking and running. To join: download Strava and register. Go to Clubs, search for Walk and Run for Life 2020, join, and say “Hi!”
- Virtual Runners are welcome to complete their run, anywhere, during the weekend of September 19 – September 20.
- Before the race, we will email Virtual Runners their Bib # and a link to a Virtual Bib they can download.
- Packet Pickup: Virtual Runners will need to pick up their race packet on Friday, September 18, 10am-2pm, at the Annapolis Pregnancy Clinic (934 West Street, Annapolis MD).
- To be included in race results and eligible for a placement award, Virtual Runners need to use a running app or device to track their time (see below) and 5k distance (3.1 miles). They take a screenshot of their time when they complete the race, then fill out the Runner Reporting Form.
- Be sure to take and share some fun photos of yourself before, during, or after your run!
- Winners will be announced during the live Facebook Event on Wednesday, September 30.
- Possible apps: Mapmyrun, Run Keeper, Run Tracker, Trackster, or Strava (see above).
Virtual LIFE Walkers:
- Walk, hop, dance, skip, or even ride your bike – wherever you are – and raise funds for LIFE, virtually!
- Participate anytime on Saturday, September 19 – Sunday, September 20.
- Check with your Church Captain to set up a place for your Team to walk together. Don’t have a team for your church? Contact Sharon to set one up!
- Packet Pickup: Life Walkers who have earned a free shirt by raising $150 by August 31 can pick up their shirt on Friday, September 18, 10am-2pm, at the Annapolis Pregnancy Clinic (934 West Street, Annapolis MD).
- Be sure to take some fun photos of yourself before, during, and after your Walk for Life!
Questions? Contact us!